Service is the rent we pay for living. Angel Rock Project - Malaak Compton-Rock
  HOME |  BLOG |  VIDEOS |  PHOTOS |  FACEBOOK FaceBook | TWITTER twitter.com/ARProject
Angel Rock Projects Angel Rock Service Angel Rock Shop Angel Rock Giving Angel Rock News Angel Rock Talk Angel Rock Information

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

new balance kinderschuhe Vampire Weekend's Rostam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
puno68697 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote puno68697 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new balance kinderschuhe Vampire Weekend's Rostam
    Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 6:16am
Vampire Weekend's Rostam Batmanglij,new balance outlet

Mason: "How many different instruments do you play,new balance pink?"

Batmanglij: "I can usually make some sound come out of something (laughs),new balance schwarz, if I spend enough time with it. I guess my first instrument was the recorder when I was about five or six. But I really wanted to learn the flute and that's what I started learning, when I was seven."

Batmanglij: "And then I stuck with that for about seven years and I got very burned out, honestly,new balance herren, by the time I was about 14. I didn't want to ever have to play it again."

Mason: "Do you ever pick it up anymore?"

Batmanglij: "Yes,new balance sale, from time to time. But I think I was more interested in harmony,new balance outlet online, which you can't really do on the flute,new balance laufschuhe, as a 14 year old. It was drawing me towards the guitar and the piano because,new balance shop, you know,new balance laufschuhe, they were instruments where you could play more than one note at the same time."

Rostam Batmanglij of Vampire Weekend performs at Roseland Ballroom on April 28,new balance 574, 2013 in New York City.

Donald Bowers/Getty Images for American Express

Mason: "How did you pick the flute in the beginning,new balance günstig?"

Batmanglij: "I don't know exactly,new balance herren. It might have been because my older brother was learning the clarinet and I wanted to be a little bit like him,new balance günstig. (laughs)"

Mason: "But not exactly the same,new balance 1300."

Mason: "That's funny,new balance u420. So when did this interest in sort of mixing in music and creating things start,new balance damen?"

Batmanglij: "I started playing guitar when I was 14. My guitar teacher, he was one of those great people who wanted to teach you anything you want to learn. And at the same time,new balance schwarz, he would push me. So he could play any kind of guitar rock guitar,new balance, classical guitar, jazz. And the first day, I just wanted to learn,new balance online shop, you know,new balance herren, whatever was on alternative radio.

"So I was like,new balance herren, 'How do you play this Radiohead song? How do you play Counting Crows?' That's what I was listening to at that age. And then,new balance outlet online, after I got through those,new balance 576, he would say,new balance ml574, 'Okay,new balance 574, now it's time for you to learn a Jimmi Hendrix song.' And then he would say,new balance 373, 'Now,new balance 576, it's time for you to learn,new balance schuhe, 'The Girl From Ipanema'. (laughs)

"And then I think slowly I just became more interested in,new balance günstig, how were these songs being put together? I remember, it was a big deal when I got my first four track,new balance u420, which let you record four different tracks on top of each other."

Batmanglij: "And I started sort of laying guitar parts. That was kind of the beginning of being interested in recording. And then, from there I convinced my parents to let me have a drum set in my bedroom."

"I dunno why they agreed to do it. Might have made their lives kind of tough for a while. (laughs) But once I started to have these instruments in my room, I was kind of teaching myself how to put recordings together and teaching myself how to play and teaching myself how everything fit together."

Mason: "You were a one man band."

Batmanglij: "Yeah. What's interesting about Vampire Weekend, everyone in the band, except for me, had a band in high school in which they were the lead singers. And I'm the one who never had that experience. I was more interested in recording music. Having a band didn't interest me in the same way."
 Post Reply Post Reply